PHOTOGRAPHY ASSISTANT (Toronto)
Compound Studio is a brand house dedicated to creating and building lasting direct-to-consumer accessory brands that are marked by premium quality, impactful design and competitive prices.
Duties and responsibilities
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious individual to step into a new role as Photography Assistant at our Toronto office. This person will report directly to the Creative Director and assist the Creative and Production departments. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Creative Director, Product Photographer and third-party Content Creators to receive and manage all incoming photographic assets.
- Ensure all third-party vendors meet our incredibly high standards for photography and retouching. When these standards are not met, you will find creative ways to bring necessary images up-to-speed, or work directly with the vendors to revise their work.
- Perform retouching and image processing (such as cropping and basic colour/exposure adjustments) across a wide array of photographic assets (editorial, e-commerce, on-white, etc).
- Organize, catalogue, and archive all incoming photography using Dropbox.
- Upload and manage product photography on our e-commerce platform.
- Assist with production-based tasks such as booking locations and prop sourcing.
- Assist with on-set tasks such as setting up digital equipment, lighting, backdrops and organizing the products that are being photographed.
- Contribute to creative ideation and help bring the Creative team's vision to life.
- Identify new opportunities for content creation and lead your own creative content photoshoots.
Infrequently, this position may require working outside of traditional office hours including nights and weekends.
- An extreme, almost obsessive eye for detail (this is critically important for success in this role).
- Degree or Diploma in Photography, or 1-2 years of experience in the field.
- An impressive photography portfolio with a focus on retouching (include Before & After examples).
- Proficient in Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop, with a focus on retouching, post-production and image management.
- An incredible eye for composition and cropping.
- A keen sense of colour and the ability to create stunning colour and black & white treatments.
- Proven experience using DSLR cameras and studio lighting equipment.
- Great written communication skills in the English language.
- A passion for art and design.
- An interest in and general knowledge of contemporary fashion brands.
- Commitment to long-term growth and learning opportunities.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org